Our brilliant new course is perfect for authors who want to design, maintain and control their own site. It is so easy to have a beautiful, responsive site without spending hundreds of pounds on design costs and endless money on updates.
Does your website embarrass and frustrate you?
Does it feel outdated and lacking in professionalism?
Are you overwhelmed by the thought of starting again?
How would you like to..
Be able to design and keep your website updated?
Have a website that accurately reflects your author image and the genre you write in?
It is all possible to with our WEBSITE BLUEPRINT FOR BUSY AUTHORS
- Get your own website up and running within hours using WordPress
- Keep it updated with minimal fuss and expense
Our easy to follow programme is delivered in bite size chunks that take you step by step through setting up and designing your own website.
- How to Guides
- Facebook Group to help you even more
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is perfect for writers who want to design, maintain and control their own site. It is so easy to have a beautiful, responsive site without spending hundreds of pounds on design costs and endless money on updates.
What does it include?
MODULE ONE: STARTING OUT
- Why do you need a website?
- Why is good design so important?
- What makes good design?
- Website review task
MODULE TWO: PLANNING
- What is the primary goal of your planned site
- What do you want it to do?
- Content planning exercise
- Getting organised
- BONUS: key terms/glossary
MODULE THREE: THE TECHNICAL PART
- We will look at WordPress
- Finding and Buying Your Domain Name
- How to set up your website hosting
- How to install and set up Word Press as well as getting an email address
- How to find your way around the WP Dashboard
- Simple settings you can change right now to get your website ready
Bonus: Pro Tips for choosing your perfect domain name
Bonus: Setting up a ‘Coming Soon’ page
Bonus: Moving your domain name
MODULE FOUR: BUILDING YOUR SITE
- Installing a theme (design) to your site
- What is a plugin? Which ones should you use?
- What are pages and posts?
MODULE FIVE: GETTING MORE FROM YOUR SITE
- Step by step guides to branding and designing your site
- How to build a media kit
- Connecting to social media
- Adding an email sign up to your newsletter in Mailchimp or Mad Mimi
- SEO (search engine optizimation)
- Backing up your site
- Google analytics and web master tools
- Launching your site